Sunday, March 11, 2012

Shoe Box Swap!

This weekend I was graciously invited to crash another Stampin' UP! groups shoe box swap. It was the first one I'd ever been to & I'm excited to report it was SO. MUCH. FUN!! Our hostess was the well know Stampin' UP! demonstrator Gwen Mangelson, from Gwen's Paper Expressions, who is one of the sweetest ladies I've ever met! I was thrilled to meet her & she was so welcoming. :)

I was so engrossed & tried to pay attention to every detail, I forgot to take pictures while I was there. :( I did get pics of the swaps I managed to get done before I left.

This first project was Gwen's. It's so cute! It would make for a great gift for a new neighbor, or a sister I Visit Teach, or even 3-D swap at convention! It took very little time to make & was quite creative.

The next one took the longest, but was so fun & inventive! I was very impressed! I glued two 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 envelopes together & added paper, stamps, & embellishments to turn it in to a mini-
album/purse/most adorable thing EVER!

We used the pocket of the envelopes to add pull out scalloped squares to put pictures on. Like I said, I was so impressed with this little project & once I found out who had put it together for us, I felt like I was practically in the presence of a stampin' celebrity! She's a member of the UStamp With Dawn and Friends design team.






I love this next card! It took a few tries to get the circles all going the way I wanted them to, what with my OCD about perfect spacing & all, but it turned out SO CUTE!




I enjoy simple cards. I think I over-do it sometimes, but this card fit the bill nicely. :)



Lastly, I made a little 3x3 Thank You card for Gwen, for letting me crash the party. Along with it, I gave her a really cute notepad holder.








I found a video on You Tube from How'd She DO That? that gave an easy tutorial on making these. I made a dozen of them for a Favorite Things party the night before & had some extras. They turned out really nicely.

You can find the tutorial here.

A tutorial for the flowers can be found here.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment